Latest business discussed:
- The finances are at their healthiest this time of the year as subscriptions are paid. We are far from broke but costs keep increasing and we need to plan for our Centenary.
- We apply to a few trusts for grant support but these are limited in number and value. We are working on ideas to do better.
- One grant we need is to support the upgrade of the entrance road and the main ca rpark.
- A small project will start to repair and re-site the practice net.
- Golf at Walton is very healthy as visitors number steadily increase and members are playing more rounds.
- Following a course walk, a number of maintenance tasks were prioritised. Watch out for tree trimming, complete removal of some trees, small drainage works, some new signs and some tee levelling when possible.